[Archive]


Friday, June 06, 2008




    Sting - Big Lie Small World
    save target as



    I sat down and wrote this letter
    Telling you that I felt better
    Since you've gone and I was free
    I'm so happy

    I have so little time to spare now
    I'm wanted almost everywhere now
    I make out like Casanova
    Friends are always coming over

    I signed my name as if I meant it
    And sealed it with a kiss and sent it
    The letter headed through my mood
    Happy in my solitude

    But halfway home I changed my tune
    And when I saw my lonely room
    The mirror caught my eye
    When I sat down, I cried

    Big lie, small world
    It was a big lie, small world

    I had to intercept that letter
    Telling you that I was better
    I raced to catch the postman's van
    He was leaving as I ran

    I missed the bus, I missed the train
    I end up walking in the rain
    Big dog chased me down the street
    Hadn't had a bite to eat

    Feeling sorry for myself
    And wishing I was someone else
    I walked across the city
    Because I couldn't stand your pity

    Big lie, small world
    It was a big lie, small world

    The place you live looks opulent
    And obviously a higher rent
    Than a cozy little room
    I had this sense of doom

    Your landlord says you're out of town
    But your new boyfriend's always around
    The hour was getting late
    So I sit down and wait

    Here's the postman with my letter
    Coming down the path he better
    Give that thing to me
    I have to make him see

    Begging doesn't do the trick
    He thinks that I'm a lunatic
    But then who comes upon the scene
    But your new boyfriend, Mr. Clean

    I hit the postman, hit your lover
    Grabbed the letter, ran for cover
    The police arrived in time for tea
    They said they'd like to question me

    But I can only curse my fate
    I had to face the magistrate
    It hasn’t been the best of days
    I'd like to fly away

    Big lie, small world
    Big lie, small world
    It was a big lie, small world
    Big lie, small world


    ||





    Mute
    Current Time 0:00
    /
    Duration Time 0:00
    Loaded: 0%
    Progress: 0%
    Stream TypeLIVE
    Remaining Time -0:00
     



    #róisínmurphy


    || 0 Comments